For those of you who live in Tampa, or have ever visited, I hope you have heard of the awesomeness that is the 24 hour Mexican Food Truck known as the Taco Bus!
The Taco Bus holds a special place in my heart. It’s the place of my first date with my now husband and I even considered using them to cater my wedding! It’s the place you take anyone visiting from out of town! You may have even seen them featured on the Food Network’s Show “Diners Drive-ins and Dives”.
But I especially love the food because of this from the Taco Bus Website:
Facts about our commitment to Vegan/ Vegetarian food:
1. Mexican Rice and Refried Beans are 100% Vegan (that means no meat, and no dairy).
2. Red and Green Salsas are 100% Vegan.
3. Guacamole is 100% Vegan.
4. Vegan Tamales are Vegan.
5. Our Rajas con Queso is Vegetarian. It contains cheese and cream (as well as roasted poblano peppers, pico de gallo and corn kernels).
6. Butternut Squash Tostadas are 100% Vegan (if you get them without cheese, otherwise they are vegetarian).
7. The traditional Vegetarian Burrito includes rice, beans, taco veggies (white onions, red onions, tomato, cilantro and shredded cabbage). If you hold the cheese, that would be Vegan as well.
The following fillings are all Vegan (or Vegetarian if you choose to include cheese):
- Grilled Tofu
- Vegan “Steak” Strips
- Butternut Squash
You can wrap any of the above fillings the following ways:
- tortas (Mexican sandwich)
As an added bonus-our Agua Frescas are made with RAW fresh fruit! Enjoy your choice of Pineapple, Watermelon, or Cantalope.
Please note: Watermelon and Cantalope are seasonal, but you can enjoy refreshing Pineapple Waterall year round!
Love the Guac!
If you are ever in the Tampa Bay area and in the mood for some authentic, healthy, Mexican food at a really affordable price, check out the Taco Bus at one of their 3 (soon to be 4) locations:
Taco Bus Tampa (The Original, open 24/7)
913 East Hillsborough Avenue
Tampa, FL 33604
Taco Bus St. Pete
Open 24/7 on Th, Fri, Sa, & Sun
7am-9pm Mon, Tues, Wed
2324 Central Avenue
St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Taco Bus Downtown
Open M-Sa 7am-3am, Su 11am-3am
505 Franklin Street
Tampa, FL 33602
Have you ever been to the Taco Bus? What is your favorite menu item? Leave your comments or email me at SummerVBlankenship@gmail.com